Wednesday, December 8, 2010

dear santa ...

Dear Santa,

This year I would like a little job security for Christmas. Every time I feel like I'm digging myself out of the hole and getting back to solid footing, we get hit with another bout of bad luck. Yesterday at work, a good portion of the staff meeting was spent discussing cuts to local government funding, budget cuts, possible downsizing of city staff, etc. and it is very worrisome for me. We JUST moved here, JUST bought a house, and JUST had a baby. I'd like to think that I won't need to be looking for another job so soon, but despite all the enumerated reasons in my favor, I really don't want to end up in the situation that I found myself in back in April 2009. At my last job, I was told not to worry and then BOOM, out of a job. I wish they would have been more up front with me about the reality of the situation and at least I could have started networking and getting out there to find a new job. At this point, if I end up losing this job, I think we just give up. I mean there is only so much a person can do. I say this, but at the same time I've been scouring the job websites for both me and Gus. So if you want to drop some job security down my chimney this Christmas, it would be much appreciated. Thanks much!

Nina

1 comment:

  1. I will be hoping for the same thing for you! You are so amazingly bright, talented, and a hard worker. It sucks how you've had some bad job luck.

    ReplyDelete