Monday, December 13, 2010

rounding the bend

Several moms have told me that things start to get easier at about 6-8 weeks. While my exhausted body was skeptical, I must say, I believe they were right. The first weeks of motherhood were really difficult for me. In retrospect, I think that the fact that it took my body so long to recover physically took a huge toll on me emotionally. On top of which, the sleepless nights were not allowing my body the rest it needed to heal.

But I'm now 9 weeks postpartum, and I am finally starting to feel back to normal both physically and emotionally. I am only about 4-5 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight, although I'd like to lose another 4-5 lbs after that too. I'm fitting into nearly all my pre-baby clothes - except some of my tops are tight because my boobs got HUGE! I've been able to workout at home, although I sort of took a hiatus last week because I've been tired from working and getting up every few hours to pump.

Baby J gets more adorable every day, if that is even possible. The first time the doctor handed her to me, I thought she was beautiful. As I see her filling out and losing her newborn look, I cannot believe how freakin' cute she is becoming! Her little smiles and coos make my heart melt even at 4:00 a.m., when I am exhausted and just want her to go back to sleep.

The hell that was Baby J's labor and delivery is slowly starting to fade as I see her grow and flourish. She's one healthy baby, who still at 9 weeks old, eats every two hours. Even the memory of the first few postpartum weeks that left me in tears almost everyday is fading away.  And in spite of my overwhelming love for the little life that I have created, I stand by my statement that we are one and done!

2 comments:

  1. can't believe how often/how much she eats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. She just upped her intake to 7.5 oz at a time. Good thing I bought a tub of formula to have on hand just in case. On another note, while I type this she is actually sleeping in her crib on her back. Score one for Mommy!

    ReplyDelete