Thursday, November 4, 2010

mommy's & baby's day out

Baby J and I took our first solo field trip the other day. We had lunch with my good friend and co-worker Jenn at Hanabi for my first postpartum sushi. Baby J was a perfect little angel and snoozed all the way through lunch. While I was happy for sushi, I admit that I do miss Origami and Sakura. Of course, it's better than nothing!

I'm feeling more confident about taking Baby J out on my own now and can't wait to get her out on the town and show her off! Unfortunately, I'm exhausted. So exhausted that I feel like I am getting sick - super sore throat and achy. Yesterday was the first day that I didn't nurse and instead pumped exclusively. I'm pumping every three hours around the clock. We had enough milk yesterday, but we had to dip into the freezer stash, which has since been depleted because it wasn't that stocked to begin with. I guess we'll find out today whether or not my supply is actually going to keep up with Baby J. I've been trying to do some research on pumping to make sure I'm doing everything I can to keep up the supply. I have been taking fenugreek and drinking Mother's Milk tea like it is my job.

If Baby J keeps up this growth rate, she's going to be huge!

1 comment: