Friday, October 8, 2010

so close yet so far away

I've been waiting for this baby for over a week now. I realize that my due date isn't until Sunday, but for some reason I thought she was going to come early. Every day I tidy up my desk just in case I'm not there the next day. People keep calling, texting, Facebooking, etc. asking if anything has happened yet. I'm so tired of waiting for this. I want to go to Minneapolis so I can go to IKEA, Costco, and Trader Joe's because apparently you can't buy ANYTHING in Duluth. I want to move on with my life. I have been getting lots of positive feedback - doctor said everything looks favorable, doula said that once membranes are stripped that labor usually starts within 24 hours, I'm 1 cm and 80% effaced, etc. But I'm almost at 24 hours since membrane stripping and while my contractions have gotten more intense they have not gotten more consistent. It's such a roller coaster. I feel like it is so close and yet still so v. far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment