Monday, August 2, 2010

moved ... AGAIN ... ugh

Carl Rove became part of this family at Christmas last year and since then he's lived in FOUR different houses. We are finally in what I like to call our 10-year house so hopefully he will start to feel settled and can get used to it. So far he loves the running up and down the stairs chasing his tennis ball, as well as sitting in the backyard chewing on all the sticks he can find.

We closed on the house last Thursday and spent the rest of the weekend moving, unpacking what we can, and preparing to get the kitchen renovated and the baby's room painted and ready for baby. Our third bedroom has officially become my walk-in closet, complete with nearly 16 linear feet of hanging space and room for all my shoes ... I hope! I'm not sure what this means for a second child though. I have no idea where we would put him or her. Of course I'm again putting cart before the horse, since we don't even have the first kid situated yet. So for now I'm just going to enjoy my gigantic walk-in closet.

It feels good to be moved in, but a little overwhelming to see the work that needs to be done before the baby gets here. We've picked out cabinets, floor, and counter tops for the kitchen and they need to be ordered by Thursday. Gus says that he is going to do the work himself, so I'm really hoping he knows what the hell he's doing. While we wait for all the kitchen materials to come in, Gus will be busy painting the baby's room. Finally found fabric for the baby bedding and then we were able to pick paint colors. I'm excited to see how it turns out!

We've got four days in the house this week and then it's off to Chicago for our first baby shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment