Thursday, July 29, 2010

showered with love

I'm feeling pretty fabulous today. I love my outfit. I should probably take a picture of it. I actually feel cute today instead of feeling like Shamu's twin sister. Lately, I've been feeling extra large and have needed quite a bit of reassurance from Gus that I don't look like an elephant ... and I have to say he's not entirely good at white lies.

I'm starting to freak out about having this baby. I can't believe she is going to be here in like 2.5 months. I can't decide if it is going to go by fast or slow. We are closing on the house today and our first priorities are nursery and kitchen. Then we'll have to see how finances go until we can get to remodeling the basement. As of right now, we have none of the baby necessities - no car seat, no stroller, no crib. I feel a bit unprepared and despite everyone telling me that with 2.5 months to go I have PLENTY of time, I'm still feeling rushed.

I'm getting excited about upcoming baby showers though. Our first one is next weekend already in Chicago with Gus's family. The registry stalking has begun! I feel a little bit more prepared every time I see something added to the "purchased list." Then my two best girlfriends are hosting a shower for me in Minneapolis, which I'm so excited about too. In our hurry to leave the city, we didn't get a chance to say goodbye to many of our friends. We've got a whole weekend planned in Minneapolis - complete with using up our 2-night stay at the Graves hotel. BTW those beds are heavenly. In the past, I've only spent one night at a time there so I'm looking forward to a 2-night stay! Maybe Gus will even let me get some room service. Did I ever tell you that room service is seriously one of my FAVORITE things? Love it.

1 comment:

  1. They should not allow registry stalking!! Stop looking!! Takes the fun out of it! I think I'll buy you random crap that you don't need just so you have a surprise or two to open.

    ReplyDelete