Monday, June 7, 2010

timing is everything

First, let me say that we are truly blessed. While I feel like I'm drowning in the sea of circumstances that has become my life, we are much luckier than some and have opportunities that others do not or may never have. However, I've still been feeling a little stressed finding the right house for our budget so that we get the most bang for our buck. After feeling a bit disappointed about not getting as much financing as we thought we might, I have done a complete 180 and now all I want is a cheap house in a safe neighborhood that will fit our little family. Getting the best deal (on anything, really) requires loads of research and lots of patience - the latter which I possess very little of. I *think* we are making an offer on a house soon. In fact, Gus said he was calling the real estate agent today, but since I don't talk to him all day long, I guess I will have to wait until this evening to see if he really did it.

We *might* have a taker on the loft too. Someone submitted an application, which includes a $40 fee, so I assume they are serious about the place. I am not so patiently waiting to hear about the background check and whether or not they are suitable tenants. Gus has probably already heard and unfortunately, I have to wait until I talk to him. I wish he was a better communicator of news, but that's a whole other can of worms. Our next few weeks may be packing and moving to who knows where. Then Gus needs to find an interim place to live until his contract runs out at his current position. Everything is so up in the air! I was pretty stressed out about it all on Sunday morning. I feel like I'm living in the in-between.

I did do one good thing today though. I had signed up for the once a week childbirth class, which would have required Gus to drive up to Duluth once a week. Today, I canceled that class and signed up for the one-day 9 hour class. It's a lot of information to fit into one Saturday but it will save us loads of gas money and while I was looking forward to seeing my husband once a week, I decided to do the unselfish thing and save us some money and save Gus some driving time. So I feel pretty good about that because I think it will make him happy.

1 comment:

  1. Smart move with switching the class. I think it will be less stressful for both of you that way.

    ReplyDelete