Back in Minneapolis for the weekend. Carl Rove got a little fixin' at the vet on Friday so he can't make any babies. Now he's got a cone and some of my underwear on. He looks pretty embarrassed. Poor little guy! He hates the cone.
And now for the rules modification ... I will not be able to make this a total spend free 365 days because ... I'M PREGNANT! I've been waiting to announce until I was able to announce at new job. But Jenn jumped the gun on that one by offering to take me to sushi for my first lunch. Jenn knows me so well that had I not eaten sushi, she would have gotten suspicious. So first day right out of the gates, telling new boss that I'm with child.
So now let's talk shopping ... MATERNITY CLOTHES! I've already started a collection from a friend who gave me a bunch from her last two pregnancies. Not totally my style but will work for casual wear. I haven't popped yet so I can still wear my regular clothes with help from a Bella Band every once in awhile. Here's what I've purchased so far:
- 2 Bella Bands ($26/each)
- black jersey dress (on sale at LOFT, but I don't remember the price)
- 2 maxi dresses from Forever 21 ($24 total)
- maternity leggings from Motherhood Maternity ($19.99)
- maternity capris from Motherhood Maternity ($19.99)
- True Religion jeans from Shopbop because I needed some fat jeans. I can't disclose the price because I'm kind of embarrassed. Let's just say that they weren't on sale and for those of you who know designer denim you know about how much I paid. BUT I DID GET FREE SHIPPING! And they came the v. next day. So there.
- Striped top New York & Co ($15) - it was 50% off!
- Striped top H&M ($10) - and it had CUTE puffy sleeves
- Black t-shirt dress H&M ($10) - honestly, I think it will look cute with leggings and my little baby bump, if I ever get one!
- BCBG wrap dress - not maternity but I think it will look cute while pregnant
- 1 pair of maternity shorts - green cargo shorts not jorts thank you v. much
- 3 or 4 tops - I can't remember how many but all will work for maternity wear
So readers, that is wear (where) I'm at. There is another consignment maternity store in Richfield and I'm going to try to get Gus to go with me this afternoon since we will be in S. Mpls anyway for a book release. I hear it is supposed to be good. Plus since I've been gone all week Gus feels like he should spend time with me now. Good husband.