Tuesday, March 2, 2010

exhausted.

February was the busiest month we've had in a loooong time. Moving, skiing, Las Vegas ... so exhausting. We got back from a wedding weekend in Las Vegas early Monday morning and I'm still trying to recover.

Excuse the weird pose. I feel like I'm sticking my boobs out.

Shoes: Paolo
Pants: They are navy and have cute little sailor buttons that unfortunately are not captured in the fluorescent lght that is the work bathroom. H&M.
Tee: Von Maur
Cardi: Gap
Necklace: Forever 21

Oh and can I tell you about my library adventures or misadventures, as it were? I've been trying to use my local library in an effort to not spend money on books. The day we left for Vegas I was running around doing errands including dropping off my library materials that were due. I pulled into the parking ramp, which ended up being full. Not really sure why they wouldn't let me just pull through and return the books in the book drop ... I didn't even need a parking space. When I hit the call button for assistance, I was told that "it will be awhile before someone can come help me." Really? WTF? So I backed up the ramp and tried to get back on the street without causing an accident ... and if you know me, you know how much I LOVE driving backwards. Then I couldn't find a meter to park at so I improvised thinking that I was just going to run in and out and no one would be the wiser ... particularly the Minneapolis meter maid. Well, some older gentleman starting yelling at me because I had apparently boxed him in (which I had not, perhaps he just doesn't like driving backwards either) so I ran back to the car and waited for him to pull out. FINALLY, I have a parking space. Now the Minneapolis library doesn't just let you put your books in the book drop. You have to SCAN your books in and if it doesn't ACCEPT them then you have to stand in line and WAIT AND WAIT. Seriously? How can it be so damn hard to return library books? Does the library not want them back? So what should have been a 3 minute process turned into 15 minutes, lots of swearing, and being late to pick Gus up from work. END RANT.

Moral of the story? Stick to the libraries in the suburbs with free parking and large parking lots.

1 comment: