Tuesday, February 2, 2010

tuesday temptation - looong one

It is not spring in Minnesota. It is not even close to spring. In fact, Punxsutawney Phil has predicted 6 more weeks of winter, which in Minnesota speak means like 12 more years weeks of winter. Damn you, Punxsutawney Phil.

But alas, fashion waits for no one. Not even Punxsutawney Phil. Spring fashion is popping up online EVERYWHERE. It may be in the stores too, but I mostly quit going to stores so I wouldn't know. Today's Tuesday Temptation is dedicated to my picks for the new arrivals @ Old Navy.

What really makes Old Navy so tempting is the fact that it is soooo inexpensive. Who is going to pay $40 for a t-shirt from Shopbop when you can buy a similar one for $8 at Old Navy. I mean who even knew they could make t-shirts for $8? And if they can, why would anyone pay more?

So without further ado, here are my top five picks from Old Navy.

1. This isn't a new arrival per se. It's been on the website for several weeks, but I WANT IT! I think it would be just adorable this spring with some fun flats or driving mocs? Yes? And it is only $15.

2. I love rompers. Love them. I suppose they aren't for everyone, but I find them adorable. I would wear this army green number with some red wedges and a khaki safari jacket with some cool ethnic inspired beads. Oh yes, and this little romper will set you back $24.

3. Let's call it a comeback! So happy that leggings have made a comeback and continue to persevere. I wear them so much that Gus has even commented on how often I wear them. Last year I loved the liquid leggings (let's be honest, I still do), but this year I've become particularly fond of the denim-look leggings or "jeggings." Love that term. Jeans + Leggings = jeggings? Get it? These from Old Navy are only $16.50. And they have zippers! Eeeeek!
 
4. You can never have too many cardigans. I have a stack of them. They are a super versatile item. J Crew often has adorable cardis at exorbitant prices. But leave it to Old Navy to give J Crew a run for their money and keep some money in your pocket. Old Navy has some really cute embellished cardis this season, but this one is my favorite. The flower applique cardigan is affordably priced at $26.50.
5. How about a piece of flair? Just not 50 pieces, OK? This necklace would look great with that little romper in #2 and it is onlly $12.50!

Happy Shopping everyone (but me...)

3 comments:

  1. I like everything!It is so my style!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please do my shopping for me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Jenn! I would love to shop for you! And anyone else, for that matter!

    ReplyDelete