Saturday, January 23, 2010

a little help from my friends

Now that I have nine followers, I should be able to get a little help, no? I need help putting together an outfit for a friend's bachelorette party in rural MN. Now I spent the first 18 years of my life in rural MN, but as a high school kid I wasn't exactly clued into the nightlife.

I'd like to wear a cute dress that I've been saving, but the bride said to dress casual. I mean the dress isn't uber fancy, but it is probably not "casual." But maybe if I threw on a more casual jacket. Here's the dress. Too much? Alternative outfits? Black tights and boots?


As you can tell, I really want to wear this and just may even though the bride told me to dress casual. Or is that bad?

6 comments:

  1. It's hard to see but if she said casual I would probably stick with jeans. You could maybe dress it down with tights or leggings and flat boots. Or try a long sleeve shirt underneath?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, although this dress is cute, if your friend said casual I would stick with jenas, a cute top with boots or pumps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you are both right ... le sigh. Why do I feel like I own no cute tops. Perhaps now is the time to bust out my $20 rewards card and get one? *thinking*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you might own 50 cute tops. Is the problem more wanting to wear something new to this event?

    (wondering who the bride is btw)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always tend to overdress, so if I've been dying to wear that dress, I'd probably find a way to wear it. LOL

    How about dress it down with skinnies or leggings and some boots. I also like Heather's idea of wearing a l/s tee under.

    ReplyDelete
  6. not that I am a fashionista, but casual in rural Minnesota would definitely say "jeans" to me ... and that dress is several steps above casual ;). I agree with Kate, you probably own a ton of cute tops!

    ReplyDelete