Friday, January 22, 2010

to infinity and beyond

I love the idea of the infinity scarf. But really? For the most part it is just a long scarf with the ends sewn together. NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, PEOPLE! So as much as I love the ones seen at Urban Outfitters, Banana Republic, or Limited, I could not justify purchasing one when I knew that even with my meager knitting skills I could make one all my own. However, Limited does have them on clearance right now for $9.99 plus an extra 40% off, which means I probably couldn't make my own for less than that given the price of my VALUABLE VALUABLE time and the cost of yarn.

With a pair of size 10 needles and some old yarn that I purchased with every intention of knitting a blanket for my parents and despite starting twice gave up both times, I made myself an infinity scarf. Did I mention that I can only knit square things? Blankets, scarves, dishcloths, etc. WAIT! That's a total lie and a half. I can knit HATS too! I just really shy away from sweaters or anything that has to actually FIT someone. 


Sorry for the blurry pic. I still haven't fully embraced my bathroom photography skills and like to just take a quick shot and get the heck out of Dodge.

Boots: Target Frye knock-offs - v. comfy, good purchase if you are in love with the look of the Frye Harness, but not the price.
Tights: Kohl's Simply Vera - they're tights, not much else to say
Dress: Forever 21 - it's blue and it has pockets, haven't worn this dress since April 2008 in Arizona
Cardi: Banana Republic, on sale, awesome, love this, wear it probably two or three times per month if not more
Infinity Scarf: Hand knit by moi! GO ME!

TGIF everyone!


1 comment: